SOUTH CENTRAL FESTIVAL CAMPING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. South Central Festival Campsite is located at Farlington Playing Fields, Portsmouth, PO6 1UN and is for tent camping only. Camper vans, Motorhomes and Trailer tents are not permitted.
2. Camping tickets must be purchased in advance and all camping ticket holders must also have a ticket to attend at least one of the South Central Festival dates at King George V Fields on Saturday 25 or Sunday 26 May 2019 and show this ticket on entry to the campsite along with their South Central Festival Camping Ticket
3. On arrival, you will be asked to show valid ID as South Central Festival operates to a ‘Challenge 25’ policy which means that if you are lucky enough to look or possibly look under 25, you will be asked to produce ID. This will be in operation at the entrance to the campsite when exchanging tickets for wristbands and across the South Central Festival Campsite.
4. If you can’t provide valid identification when asked, you will be asked to leave the site and return with your ID – no ID means no entry!
5. Valid forms of ID include:
an in date photographic driver’s license or provisional licence.
a valid passport.
No photocopies nor out of date ID will be accepted.
6. South Central Festival Campsite is a 18+ campsite.
7. Everyone at this year's South Central Festival MUST have appropriate ID to Enter the Main Festival Site & The Camp Site.
8. The ID's that we accept are Valid In Date Passport, Driving Licence / Provisional Driving Licence or Citizen Card.
9. South Central Festival Campsite opening/closing hours: -
Open: Friday 24 May 2019 at 16:00hrs
Close: Monday 27 May 2019 at 11:00hrs
The campsite wristband will allow you 24 hour access to the campsite over the period of the festival, there will be staff and Security on site at all times checking wristbands so please make sure you keep it on. Any persons without a wristband will be asked to leave the campsite.
10. Campsite tickets do not include car parking, these tickets have to be purchased separately. Car Parking is next to the campsite and tickets must be bought in advance. Please note that you will not be permitted to sleep in any vehicle in the car park.
11. Please note that you are not allowed to leave the car park in your vehicle until you are ready to leave the site completely and not return. If you leave the car park, you must purchase a second car park ticket to return and you stand the chance of losing your parking spot. It is strongly recommended that your car remain parked until you are prepared to vacate the campsite.
12. There is a FREE shuttle bus service to/from the campsite and the South Central Festival site (approximately 5 mins drive). Your campsite wristband allows you to come and go as many times as you like and will operate between 11:00hrs – 00:01hrs
13. Over 18s with valid ID (Challenge 25 policy will be in operation – please see above) will be permitted to bring a reasonable amount of alcohol into the campsite per adult, as described below, for personal consumption in the campsite ONLY. A reasonable amount is defined as:
1 crate (24 cans) of beer or cider or an equivalent
2 x 70cl bottles of wine or 1 wine box or an equivalent
1 x 70cl bottle of spirits
All alcohol must be decanted into non-glass containers and there are NO EXCEPTIONS regarding glass containers. Broken glass can harm people or animals who will use the campsite land after you leave.
14. Alcohol will not be allowed onto the Camp & Ride shuttle bus service or brought into the South Central Festival site, where there are plenty of bars available.
15. South Central Festival and Farlington Playing Fields Campsite is for nice people and is about having a good time. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be ejected without refund from the campsite and the festival.
16. All tickets will be exchanged for wristbands on arrival at the entrance to the campsite (subject to Ts and Cs). Once wristbands have been issued and put on tampering, swopping, removal of, etc. will not be tolerated and those found doing so will be asked to leave the South Central Festival and South Central.
17. Ticket holders will be searched on entry to the campsite and to the festival. If you are in possession of illegal substances, you may be arrested.
18. We’re happy for groups to camp near each but we politely ask that people are considerate and not to set up overly large “camping areas” to ensure everyone has enough room to enjoy the campsite and all have a fair amount of space.
19. If you are ejected from the South Central Festival Campsite, you will also forfeit your attendance to the main South Central Festival site and vice-versa.
20. Only kitchen knives up to a blade length of 3 inches are allowed onsite for use in cooking (e.g. table knife, small paring knife). Anything that may be deemed a weapon will be confiscated.
21. Fire safety is important. No campfires, flares, fireworks, Chinese lanterns, naked flames etc. are allowed. Disposable aluminum BBQs are not allowed. Only small purpose built off-the-ground BBQs and camping stoves can be used to cook food but ONLY in the designated cooking area.
22. Due to onsite sanitary and hygiene considerations, personal portable toilet units are not permitted into the festival site. This is a very important condition of entry and customers attempting to bring in portable toilets will be turned away at the gate. There will be a sufficient number of toilets supplied in the campsite and, as there are already facilities in situ at the playing fields, many of the these will be of the porcelain variety!
23. No pets or other animals are allowed on the festival campsite other than dogs assisting the visually impaired.
24. The following items are not permitted at the campsite:
Any illegal substances such as NOS/nitrous oxide
Weapons or anything that can be interpreted as a weapon
Naked flame torches or flares
Camping gas canisters above 5kg
Generators of any kind
Portable sound systems other than those for personal use
Any glass / glass bottles
Lasers or air horns
Anything else that the campsite security team or campsite management team view as potentially harmful or anti-social.
25. The South Central Festival Campsite will have a perimeter fence line, wristband entry and security on duty 24 hours a day. Visitors leave their belongings at their own risk. It is advised to leave all valuables at home.
26. Facilities within the campsite include: toilets, showers, food stalls, 24-hour security, medical and welfare presence, lighting, cooking area, rubbish disposal area etc.
27. The SOUTH CENTRAL FESTIVAL ECO BOND is an initiative to help Keep South Central Festival Campsite Tidy where all campers will now be subject to a refundable £10 litter surcharge. Ticket Holders will be able to claim their £10 back when they present a clear sack of recycling AND a refuse bag full of litter to the Eco-Bond Exchange Point at the entrance to the South Central Festivals Campsite over the weekend.
The Eco-Bond will operate using a ticket system and only one £10 refund can be claimed per camper. Free refuse and recycling sacks will be provided on site.
28. The South Central Festival Campsite location at Farlington Playing Fields is a constantly used playing fields for many local teams and we want to keep it so it can still be used after the festival as quickly as possible, so please help us by keeping it clean and tidy. Please ensure you do not leave anything other than “general waste” in the designated areas – please take all large items home with you e.g. tents, chairs, sleeping bags, re-usable BBQs, etc. Please respect the land.
29. Travel - Ensure you look into your travel arrangements before you buy your tickets. While we make every effort to help and advise on travel options on our website we cannot give refunds for problems with getting to and from the campsite.
30. South Central Festival Camping and South Central Festival ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising and/or exploitation of any photos, film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world.
31. Prior written permission is needed by South Central Festival for anyone to use South Central Festival tickets and/or South Central Festival Camping tickets in any sales promotions, media, marketing, reward programmes, staff incentives, raffles, auctions or general competitions. ‘South Central Festival' is a registered trademark; the South Central Festival logo and any related South Central Festival artwork cannot be used without written permission of South Central Festival.
32. If the Festival is cancelled, the organisers & South Central Festival shall not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by campsite ticket holders, including but not limited to the ticket cost, transportation & accommodation costs or any other losses of any kind. The organisers reserve the right to change and amend the festival programme without prior notification & cannot be held responsible for acts and headliners who cancel. Refunds cannot be issued if a particular artist does not appear or performs on a different day.